1. As I had plenty of money I was able to help her.
2. He is an able man.
3. I dropped my key somewhere about here.
4. Tell me all about it.
5. He was about to start.
6. It is about six o'clock now.
7. The children are rushing about.
8. My bedroom is just above.
9. The sun rose above the horizon.
10. This book is above me.
11. His conduct has always been above suspicion.
12. The police are not allowed to accept rewards.
13. They accepted responsibility for the accident.
14. It is generally accepted that smoking is harmful to our health.
15. According to our records, the books you have borrowed should now be returned to the library.
16. According to these figures, our company is doing well.
17. I have an account with Midland Bank.
18. His illness accounts for his absence.
19. A man is accounted innocent until he is proven guilty.
20. We own 100 acres of farmland.
21. Can you swim across the river?
22. The two lines cut across each other.
23. Parliament has passed an Act forbidding the killing of rare animals.
24. Think well before you act.
25. Actions speak louder than words.
26. The action lasted three hours.
27. He added some wood to increase the fire.
28. If you add 4 to 5, you get 9.
29. The little girl is not very clever at addition.
30. In addition to giving a general introduction to computer, the course also provides practical experience.
31. There is a letter addressed to you.
32. He addressed the audience in an eloquent speech.
33. You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
34. I must admit, it's more difficult than I thought it would be.
35. He was admitted to the hospital suffering from burns.
36. The date of the meeting has been advanced from Friday to Monday.
37. There have been great advances in medicine in the last ten years.
38. It is a popular show, so advance booking is essential.
39. Earthenware has an advantage over wood in being more easily kept clean.
40. Her rich experience gave her an advantage over other applicants for the job.
41. I asked the teacher for her advice.
42. If you take my advice, you won't tell anyone about this.
43. He gave me some good advice.
44. The minister is busy with important affairs of state.
45. Mind your own affairs!
46. She was afraid that the dog would bite.
47. Africa is a mysterious land to him.
48. We shall arrive soon after.
49. Mr. Smith left for London after breakfast.
50. I found your coat after you had left the house.
51. He grew weak in after years.
【无国界华人网】版权所有。Copyright (C) 2006 GlobalSino, All Rights Reserved